Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day


My husband is also grieving the loss of his baby boy, sometimes in his own way, I believe as many other fathers do and they hurt as much as we do. He was excited and started planning for his second baby. Two weeks before our baby passed, he was eagerly assembling Noah's toddler bed so that the crib could be organized in our room for baby Jesse. He heard the same news I did, was told his child did not have a heartbeat and he sobbed as he watched his son be born still. I remember when Noah was born and I looked up at him as he also stood on my left full of tears of joy. It breaks my heart that he did not have the same experience. He will always love and miss his baby. I saw the love and heartbreak he had for his baby the minute he held him and broke down, the love he still has for both of his sons and he will always be doing his best to honor his son in heaven.This Father's Day was difficult for him as all of them will be forever.

A Guide For Fathers
I purchased the pocketbook above for my husband soon after losing our baby. He felt it was helpful and could relate to the Authors personal experience and feelings and keeps it handy in his truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment